Monday, October 24, 2011

Kayne's Best Punkin Krunch Cookies

Photobucket

So my mama tells me I am gluten sensitive. A night after eating spaghetti and having a rumble tummy makes me think she may be on to something. But since I am her handsome little man and she knows whats' what, she made these kookies for me.

These Kookies use wheat alternatives. For this recipe mama used Oat flour. Now we don't buy oat flour. We are frugal crafty people. Mama buys bulk oats cheap rolled oats, then throws them in the "food processor" and scares the bejeezus out of me, and Voila oat flour.

Mama says "God Bless Kitchen Aid"

My Kayne's Best Punkin Krunch Kookies are awesome because they have "holistic" ingredients like Pumpkin, cinnamon, and flax which I think means they make woman rapturous with desire to kiss and talk baby talk to you. More important they have ingredients dogs love like Peanut butter!

So Kayne tested, and approved. Mama is going to write you a recipe and you should go make some for your favorite doggie today! (my address is available for testing kookies)


Kayne's Best Punkin Krunch Kookies:

Photobucket

First Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

Then in a small bowl combine:

1/4 C whole rolled oats
2 C Oat Flour
1/4 C Flax meal
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

In another larger bowl combine
1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
2 whole eggs
2 Tbsp Peanut/Cashew Butter
1 Tbsp Agave/Honey

Whisk together moist ingredients, then slowly incorporate dry ingredients until JUST moist! Do not over mix! Futzing with the dough too much will result in crumbly Kookies that won't hold their shape.

Photobucket

Line a pan with parchment paper.

Using a teaspoon scoop small balls onto the lined pan, after 24 kookies are formed use a fork or your oiled fingers to gently press the cookies down to about 1/2 inch thick.

Photobucket

Bake for 20-30 minutes until dry and firm to the touch, 30-40 minutes for crunchy kookies (they may fall apart easier)

Photobucket

Makes 24 small Kookies.

See? And cleanup is EASY:

Photobucket

This recipe is RIDICULOUSLY easy,even my mama can do it. And once you have the ingredients it is easy to double it and make enough treats for a few months OR for friends, bike shop dogs, Mechanic shop dogs, neighbors dogs, mail people's dogs, the nice lady at McDonalds who gives you a free kiddie cone because you are devastatingly handsome... you catch my drift.

Now Mama has my samples cooling on the window sill, so I gotta run.

Photobucket

Big sloppy wet nosed kisses!

Kayne Michael and Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment